- What is the little red badge with a number inside that shows up in the corner of the information tab from time to time?
When an ad is blocked on a website, this badge shows up. Every time another ad is blocked, this number gets incremented.
- Why do I sometimes still see ads, even when ad block is on?
Our goal is to significantly reduce the number of ads that show up, in order to improve the load speed of the website, and to limit data usage when your cell phone is not on WiFi. If a particular site is annoying you, let us know here. We’re constantly updating our databases and algorithms, so maybe we can address your concerns. Ditto for adult content.
- How can I delete history/favorites?
Press the show history button or the show favorites button . Left-swipe the entry you want to delete. Press the delete button.
- How do I add a site to my favorites?
Go to the site you want added to your favorites. Press the “+” button.
- How do I get a new browsing tab?
Press the tab button , and then press the “+” button for a new tab. You can change active tabs in an analogous way.
- I paid to disable the adult filter. Do I have to pay again on a new phone? As long as you’re using the same iTunes login that you paid with, you can just press the Show Store button, and then the Restore Purchases button.
- Is there a shortcut to add all subdomains to the blacklist/whitelist/allow ads list?
If you’re familiar with regular expressions, you can use those. The only one you really need to know though is “.*.siteofinterest.com”, which will block all sub-domains.
- I have a great idea…
Okay, this is more of a statement than a question. We’re always interested in ways we can improve our product, so please let us know what you think.
- DuckDuckGo is a great search engine, but I think I’d like to use Google. Can I?
Sure. Go go the iPhone Settings App. Scroll to the bottom, and select ZipZap iPhone. You can set your default search engine here.